Who doesn't want their shanty to be a bit savvy, a bit clever, creative, a bit sensible, sharp and ingenious?! But hey, let's face it, most of us are living on a shoestring. Here's how I'm doing it my way, making our nest a Savvy Shanty.















Monday, December 5, 2011

Wonderful Christmas Time




































So I love looking at the pictures of every one's Christmas decor. Love the ethereal white, monochromatic, burlap and natural scape's. I think they are beautiful but......I just can't do it. I want COLOR! I want red and pretty and lights, real lights, not those dang LED things!  I wanna use my china and my grandmothers crystal, that's the red salad plates you see. I wanna pretty, pretty only use at Christmas kind of stuff.


















I LOVE our china. I mean, I love it. It has our initials on it at the top. On the back, it has our wedding date. And if you will indulge me, during the wedding planning days, 11 years ago, the sales clerk repeatedly asked me if I was sure that I wanted to get it because "what if we got divorced". Well you know that isn't my plan lady but thanks for being so concerned. Anyways...I really love it. But you know the thing about china, it's not exactly everyday friendly. So dang it, it's coming out at Christmas!


















I also love the classic red out at Christmas. And the mix of metals, glass, fabric, and some greenery thrown in. I not sure that I'm completely done futzing on the table. Thinking about adding some tags on each setting. We will see.
So, some extra large ornaments under a collection of cloches on a mixture of silver platters and pie plates. And we have a table folks. Hope you enjoy it and are enjoying your Christmas season.

Enjoy,
ginger

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Linking up to:






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...