Who doesn't want their shanty to be a bit savvy, a bit clever, creative, a bit sensible, sharp and ingenious?! But hey, let's face it, most of us are living on a shoestring. Here's how I'm doing it my way, making our nest a Savvy Shanty.















Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Memories

A look back at our Christmas holiday.  On your mark. Get set. Go!


Five K jingle run with my girl friend Jen! The run starts at dusk and you run under and pass all the Christmas lights of Lake Lanier Islands.


A visit with Santa. The REAL Santa as Miss Priss told me!


Dinner and "Its a Wonderful Life" play with my MIL and two Sister-in-laws.


My SIL Alesha and I.


My nephew playing in the playroom, which served as a bedroom for one of our many family members that came to visit us.


Miss Priss and her cousin giving some loving.


The sheer excitement of four generations opening presents.



My handsome nephew as Rudolph.


A giant pot of wedding soup for all the arriving family members.


My SIL and I cooking. Well, I'm cooking and she is playing the part. Her husband is the chef in their family.


Miss Priss loving on her big cousin Allison! She adores her! Allison use to be the "baby" in the family until Miss Priss was born, thus starting a new generation.


Beds all over the place, including the classroom. Listen, we live in a beautiful home but dang, we had to shove folks in every corner!


Miss Priss and her Great Granddaddy Shaw.


Look who showed up at our door as a surprise for the adults and the kids.



The Shaw Family, four generations all making fish faces!



The endless dining room table, seating for 14, yes please. Kids were booted to a children's table.


Nights of Lights at Lake Lanier Islands. Seven miles of light displays.


Fun gifts from friends that know me so well.


Christmas Eve dinner with our friends. Traditional Italian Christmas Eve dinner.
Menu:
Fried Smelts
Baked Mussels
Scallops
Stuffed Calamari
Anti pasta Salad
Caprese Salad
Clam Sauce
Alfredo Sauce
Lemon Sauce
Traditional Red Sauce
Home made pasta
And gobs of dessert



Lots of crafts, all for another post.



Big Daddy and I waiting for up for Santa and at midnight Miss Priss was still playing opossum. We are laying on the floor in front of the fire watching Its a Wonderful Life. 

What a look back! And dang, there were about a thousand more things that went on this past month and half! I hope all of you had a fantastic Christmas. 

Happy New Years!
ginger
 









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...