Who doesn't want their shanty to be a bit savvy, a bit clever, creative, a bit sensible, sharp and ingenious?! But hey, let's face it, most of us are living on a shoestring. Here's how I'm doing it my way, making our nest a Savvy Shanty.















Monday, December 26, 2011

Home for the Holidays


Hey Y'all. Come on in. Grab a drink and stay awhile.

Here in my foyer, I decorated a wreath with with some vintage children skis. Picked 'em up  for about $2, including the poles. They are all wood and super cool. I grabbed this wooden candlestick lamp and from the charity booth at Queen of Hearts. All proceeds go to a charity and are objects that other vendors no longer want. I gave it a burlap shade trimmed with red pompom fringe. The picture is a vinyl cut out with drop cloth put behind the glass. And the mittens, from the Vancouver Winter Olympics.



This is a hand painted Santa by an old friend that was painted for my Dad before he passed away. She gave it us as a memento and he comes out every Christmas. He's chillin' on a shelf with an old block and tackle and a wrought iron lantern.


























Here's a little corner of our mantel with a homemade cone tree, a compass rose and chalkboard sign.
Our whole mantle with a little visitor, Patchy our elf.


All ready for the guests that have graced us this season. More on that in another post, but we have had a ton of family in for Christmas (like 20, all at once). But this room is ready with a little Christmas cheer. This bed was passed down on Big Daddy's side all the way from his Great Grandparents. And it will be handed down to Miss Priss one day too!


And this here fan, was bought by Big Daddy's grandfather, for his wife when she had her first son, which is Big Daddy's Daddy. Y'all follow that? When he passed it on to me, it had been living in the garage and was filled with nests from mud dwelling creatures. I loving took it apart and restored it to working condition. It has a nice little hum to it when it gets going that will remind you of sleeping with the windows open on a summer's evening.

This is our short banister heading down the back side of our house into the family room and kitchen.

And here's looking into our kitchen. You can see the previous post of on the basket I made if you want more details on it. I love to decorate the island (or continent if you ask our cousin) but I'm 5"2' so when I'm behind it, I can't see a dang thing happening on the other side if I go crazy with the decorations.

Well there is a whole lot more happening in our home but that's enough for now. Sure hope your Christmas was blessed, full of happy memories and a lot of time with your loved ones.
Happy New Year!
ginger


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...