Who doesn't want their shanty to be a bit savvy, a bit clever, creative, a bit sensible, sharp and ingenious?! But hey, let's face it, most of us are living on a shoestring. Here's how I'm doing it my way, making our nest a Savvy Shanty.















Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Flowers On The Wall


Recently Big Daddy, Miss Priss and I traveled to Washington State for a vacation. My in-laws joined us for a portion of our trip. My MIL (mother-in-love) and I were both enamored with all the gorgeous flowers. My mom was an avid gardener and I thought I'd seen some beautiful flowers but the flowers out there took the cake. I became quite engrossed in taking pictures of all these stunning little gifts from God. And I immediately hatched a plan to make some cards for my MIL for her birthday with the photos.
Here are a few snapshots of a set of ten cards I made for her. I attached the photos to natural colored cardstock which I thought was a nice balance to the brillant colors of the flowers and folliage. I then labeled all the cards with the names of the flowers pictured. The pink flowers above are Japanesse Bleeding Hearts.

Always a favorite, the poppies. Crazy that they can grow just about anywhere without a whole lot of work but their petals are tissue paper thin.


All packaged up and ready to give!

Happy Birthday to my Mother-In-Love!

Enjoy,
ginger

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...