Who doesn't want their shanty to be a bit savvy, a bit clever, creative, a bit sensible, sharp and ingenious?! But hey, let's face it, most of us are living on a shoestring. Here's how I'm doing it my way, making our nest a Savvy Shanty.















Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Iron Butterfly

A quick little project to bring a little taste of spring to these cold winter days. This is a frame I picked up at a garage sale last fall. It's been sitting in my to-do pile. I knew what I wanted to do with it moment I grabbed it. It was a side by side frame. Time to mix it up a bit.
I wanted to have it hang rather than sit for a couple of reasons. First, most houses only have so many places to "sit" photos and with the rising popularity of gallery walls, I thought I could kill two birds with one stone. First I attached a loop of burlap to make a hanger but when held up,the frame wouldn't quite lay flat. I grabbed a small plate that was purchased at Home Depot, drilled a couple of holes and screwed the plate to the back, across the hinge area. This made the whole thing hang nice and flat.


 A couple pieces of some vintage inspired scrapbook paper of lepidopteras. A nice little sign of spring during these cold winter days.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

2LilPrincesses said...

love your blog!!! :) I found it through the link up at Pink Cricut!
I'm your newest follower! Would love for you to check out my blog! www.scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com
Candace

Olga@Stardust-Decor&Style said...

So cute! You seem to be very creative! Can't wait to see how your blog grows!
Love, Olga
www.stardust-decorstyle.blogspot.com

Pink Cricut said...

Ooh--I like this!! Such a great idea, and I love the vintage look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...