Who doesn't want their shanty to be a bit savvy, a bit clever, creative, a bit sensible, sharp and ingenious?! But hey, let's face it, most of us are living on a shoestring. Here's how I'm doing it my way, making our nest a Savvy Shanty.















Friday, August 12, 2011

Goody Two Shoes, Goody Goody Two Shoes!

So my very good friend, Jen was approaching her birthday and her husband decided to reenact the scene from the Sex In The City movie where Sarah Jessica Parker walks into her dream closet Mr Big has made for her. My assistance was requested when it came to the "foofing" of the closet, the girly part of it. All of this was to be done secret agent style while she was at work; everything was bought day of reveal and due to some scheduling issues, all goodies were bought sight unseen via text and phone convos with her husband. Oh and it all was design on a dime budget.  Unfortunately we don't have any before pics, but visualize a closet where the carpet color was unknown due to the giant pile of shoes in a giant orgy with a mass of pocket purses. The above picture was taken when I walked in upon installation of the shoe racks.

Baskets contain bathing suits, scarves and wigs. Tray for setting goodies on.



Feet Jewels!!

Notice the stool in the mirror reflection, perfect spot to sit and put on all these little feet jewels!

Yes, those are wigs poking out of the basket. Jen is crazy cute and super fun!

"The Art of Happiness" book.

Needless to say, she was crazy excited when she came home from work on her birthday and went to put her shoes away. Think I might of even heard her squeal all the way down the street! Happy Birthday my sweet Friend! Here's to many more!

Enjoy!
ginger

Linking up to:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia


2 comments:

pinklotus said...

Oh my goodness, I feel famous!!!! Yes I was blown away and yes you guys did a great job!! my shoe closet is one of my famous spots in my house!! Love you both!!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Wow, some great closet ideas are abounding here. I love containerizing my stuff. I'm a new follower & would love to have you follow back.
:) CAS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...