Who doesn't want their shanty to be a bit savvy, a bit clever, creative, a bit sensible, sharp and ingenious?! But hey, let's face it, most of us are living on a shoestring. Here's how I'm doing it my way, making our nest a Savvy Shanty.















Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beauty School Dropout.

Yup, this is what our homeschooling room looks like after a summer of shenanigans! One hot mess! While we continued learning throughout the summer, we were on a modified version that was done at the kitchen island. Which left this room open for a dumping ground. Ahhck! Well school is back in session and we have added a new student to our one room school house, thus requiring some organization and rearranging. Now of course I thought to take pictures half way through the process. And when I say design on a dime, well that would have been a luxury, this was design on no dime, use what you have, make it work People!

After I had moved the desk from the wall, I remembered to take pictures! Oh me and my impatience!



This desk was previously up against the wall, I had to come up with something new to accommodate three students opposed to two.


Which opened up this wall for props.


Ohh, look, we can get to the shelves! What a concept?!


These are the shelves that were cluttered and blocked, broke them down and ran them along the wall of windows. These sit behind the desk where I can get to all of our supplies.



And this is where I found Miss Priss reading her bible in our new, uncluttered, classroom. Ahhh.....

Enjoy,
ginger





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...