Who doesn't want their shanty to be a bit savvy, a bit clever, creative, a bit sensible, sharp and ingenious?! But hey, let's face it, most of us are living on a shoestring. Here's how I'm doing it my way, making our nest a Savvy Shanty.















Tuesday, November 15, 2011

An Old Christmas Card


















As far as I'm concerned, Christmas is the belle of the ball. It is by far my favorite time of year, favorite holiday and would be happy listening to Christmas music far more often that the one month a year that is socially acceptable. So yes, I know that Thanksgiving hasn't even graced us yet, but as a crafter, DIYer, whatever our fancy name is, things happen a bit early around here. Here's what I did with a garage sale frame. 


We started with this beauty. And the price on the back was $149! Are you floppin' kidding me? Who would pay this for that?



I removed the awful lovely picture and painted the front of the frame, no pics of painting, but surely you can visualize it. But it's painted in ASCP Olive with clear and dark wax. Moving on...   When removing the picture, all the metal tabs that held the cardboard in were bent up, perfect for lacing the hemp twine around. Here you can see the lacing beginning.


 

















And here is a visual of the completed lacing, tied off at each end. And for you OCDers, the lacing will not be in exactly equal places. Relax. It will be covered with cards soon!



And here we have the finished version. I think I'll pick up the little clothes pins on my next trip to the craft store. Whatcha think? Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Enjoy,
ginger
PS. you know this would be cute for Valentine's as well. 

Linking up to:



2 comments:

Stephanie @ Artfully Craft said...

I'm so in love with this idea!!! I never know what to do with all the Christmas cards I get and I feel just terrible leaving them in a pile on the table when my mantle is full. What an ingenius solution!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

This is so unique and cute. You did a great job!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...