Who doesn't want their shanty to be a bit savvy, a bit clever, creative, a bit sensible, sharp and ingenious?! But hey, let's face it, most of us are living on a shoestring. Here's how I'm doing it my way, making our nest a Savvy Shanty.















Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Change Is Gonna Come


Here's a little before and after that I whipped up. Found this little diddy at my local Goodwill, which side note, is it just me, or is Goodwill the most expensive of the thrift store variety? I always find stuff there but sometimes, I gotta step back and think a moment about the price and effort it will require to make it into the jewel that I know it can be. But I digress, back to this little ditty. See below the fine treasure that I came across. Now Miss Priss didn't see a thing wrong with the current state, but I saw a better future for it.


Off came the feather boa and away went the purple, red and pink polka-dots. On went some chalk paint, stenciled numbers and some trim. The only part that gave me a little headache was the hot glue that had held on the feather boa, didn't want to come off and needed a solution. First I applied some twill tape (which is really just like a thick cotton trim)


A few vintage buttons and some burlap trim finished it off.



So she's all ready for her next stop.....The Savvy Shanty at The Queen of Hearts. Which brings us to our next little bit of goodness that I am super excited to share; The Queen of Hearts is a local vintage/antique resale store that was voted Best of Atlanta. And little 'ol me is opening a booth there. This has been a dream of mine for awhile and Big Daddy has given me the go ahead and is excited for me to share my talent and treasures and of course make money. So wish me luck, I've got a ton of work to do to get her up and running. Alright, I'm off to go sand some furniture!

Enjoy,
ginger

Linking up to:












4 comments:

Holly said...

So cute, Ginger! And congratulations about opening a booth...how exciting!
And yes, Goodwill's prices are very often ridiculous.

Joanie said...

Love the Goodwill makeover! I am surprised K did not take the bag before you got rid of the purple. Look forward to seeing all of your goodies in your booth!

Renee said...

How cute! Who doesn't love goodwill!

Becky said...

I have to agree about Goodwill. I rarely even go there anymore. Love the little basket! Just started browsing through your blog. Great stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...